“My driving force is the effect that I can have on a patient’s confidence, self-esteem, and happiness. Nothing satisfies me as much as my patients telling me how their smile makeover affects their life in an amazing way.”- Mohamed Imam, DDS
Dr. Imam was born and raised in Cairo, Egypt where he studied in a British international school and enjoyed playing water polo for six years.
Although his parents are civil engineers, he chose dentistry because it combines engineering and medicine and satisfies his passion for detail and excellence. He earned his first of two dental degrees from Cairo University Dental School and graduated in the top 5% of his class. After completing a general practice residency at Cairo University Dental School, he worked in private practice.
He relocated to the United States after being invited to the International Dentist Education Program at the University of Texas (UT) Health San Antonio School of Dentistry. He earned his second DDS degree, then completed a two-year Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency Program—an achievement attained by fewer than 1% of dentists in the nation. Afterward, he was appointed to the faculty, working in the faculty practice and teaching dental school students and residents part-time.
His Treatment Philosophy
“Cosmetic dentistry is very demanding, yet extremely rewarding because it makes me feel that I have made a real impact on a patient’s life.
We start with facial-driven treatment planning and work as an interdisciplinary team of dental specialists to serve our patients. Our goal is to treat patients for their lifetime and help them achieve and maintain a healthy, beautiful smile.”
Education and Training
- Cairo University Dental School – graduated in the top 5% of his class
- Cairo University Dental School – general practice residency
- University of Texas (UT) Health San Antonio School of Dentistry, International Dentist Education Program – graduated in the top of his class
- Two-year Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency Program – Fewer than 1% of dentists in the nation have completed this level of training in general dentistry.
- Endodontics Study Club
- Seattle Study Club – An international network of dentists dedicated to education and the promotion of excellence in dentistry.
- Spear Study Club – A group of dentists meeting several times a year to collaborate on complex cases and learn advanced restorative dentistry.
- Lone Star Dental Sedation Study Club
Memberships and Achievements
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon – national dental honor society
- Faculty – UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry
- United States Army Reserves – Medical support unit, Houston, TX
Dr. Imam lives in San Antonio with his wife, Amina, and son, Ali. He likes living in the city because it’s large, yet has a small-town feel. And it has great food and outdoor activities. Dr. Imam and his family enjoy traveling, working out, and outdoor activities. They also enjoy spending time with two four-legged members of the family, Dash and Zuma.
“I called the office due to severe pain and swelling around my right jaw. Dr. Imam and his staff were quick to respond. His examination was thorough, and he gave detailed explanations during treatment. I was pleasantly surprised the next day when he personally called to check on me and my progress. I couldn’t be happier with the overall experience and personal care! ” – R. Bro