San Antonio Porcelain Veneers
At My Smile Artist in San Antonio, Dr. Imam and Dr. Schroder use Digital Smile Design for a smile makeover with porcelain veneers that is personalized and natural looking. In as few as two visits, you can get a gorgeous smile that they guarantee you’ll love.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are bonded to the front of your teeth. Porcelain can be manipulated to have lifelike characteristics, color, translucency, and gloss. Your veneers will look like beautiful natural teeth.
When Are They Used?
Porcelain veneers are used to correct a variety of imperfections in teeth, including:
- Poor shape
Why Select a Dental Artist?
Although many general dentists know the clinical techniques for placing porcelain veneers, few have the artistic inclinations to be able to create a beautiful smile. The science is the easy part. The art requires a passion.
A true cosmetic dentist has extensive post-graduate training in the art and participates in ongoing training to stay current with advanced methods of smile design. Dr. Imam and Dr. Schroder are dental artists with advanced training. They understand the techniques, tools, and materials required to give you the smile you’ve always wanted and to ensure it is natural looking and long lasting.
The before-and-after photos below of our patient’s smile show how teeth that were dark and worn were transformed with porcelain veneers. The patient’s smile now looks bright, healthy, and younger.
Your Porcelain Veneers Smile Design
We start with an examination and digital x-rays to determine if your teeth and gums are healthy and in good condition for this treatment. If they are, the design process begins.
- Dr. Imam or Dr. Schroder will talk with you about your smile goals and listen closely to understand your preferences.
- We will show you photos of our patients’ smile makeovers. The photos will help you make decisions about the look of your own smile makeover, including:
- Dr. Imam or Dr. Schroder will use Digital Smile Design along with your input, personality, and facial features to create various models of your face with potential smile designs. The models will be tweaked until you see a design that matches your smile goals.
- A wax-up of your smile design will be made for you to examine and decide if you love it or if changes need to be made.
- It is likely that your teeth will be lightly shaved to ensure your veneers fit well and look natural.
- If significant changes are being made to your smile, provisional veneers will be made. You’ll wear them to see how your smile makeover will look and feel.
- After you’re certain you love the provisional veneers, your porcelain veneers will be made to match the color and shapes of the provisional.
- Your porcelain veneers will be placed on your teeth with a try-in paste. You’ll wear them to ensure your smile looks and feels great. If you have any hesitation, they will be returned to our ceramist for adjustment or to be completely remade.
- After Dr. Imam or Dr. Schroder knows that you love your smile makeover without reservation, your veneers will be permanently bonded to your teeth.
Close adherence to the above steps helps our dentists confidently guarantee that you will receive a beautiful smile makeover that you truly love.
Complimentary Consultation and Digital Smile Makeover
If you’re interested in transforming your smile with porcelain veneers, call us or complete our Request an Appointment form for a complimentary consultation and digital smile makeover.